Vinyl Update


Got some new stuff to share today, pretty stoked about this lot of records so let's take a look

Zeal & Ardor - Stranger Fruit

Really happy to have picked this one up. It was not available in any of my local record stores (that I could find) so when I heard about them coming to play here in town I grabbed a ticket right away. This is their newest album that they are touring to support and it is garnering a lot of praise from all over the internet. They play a unique blend of Scandinavian black metal and slave spirituals from the American south, it is really something else and very good.




 Zeal & Ardor - Devil is Fine

This is Zeal & Ardor's first full length album from a few years back. I was originally planing on just buying their new record, but their live set was really amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed every song they played so when I went to the merch table I picked up a copy of this one as well. It's rare for me to buy multiple albums from one band at one time, but this was going to be my only chance to grab these so I took the opportunity. This is the album that turned heads and made Z&A into something to watch for.



Sumac - Love in Shadow

I mentioned these guys in passing in my last review for Baptists' Beacon of Faith, because their drummer also plays drums in this sludge-super-trio, which includes members of Russian Circles and Isis. This album has been called challenging by a number of reviews and has an interesting story. The songs for the album were written some time ago, but before recording them the band took an opportunity to go play and record with a legendary Japanese noise rock artist, and that experience made them take another look at the songs they had written and find ways to work experimental and improvisational passages into the fabric of the album.

Jesus Piece - Only Self

The debut album from American hardcore band Jesus Piece has been getting solid praise. Their inclusion of industrial and heavy metal influences on a couple of previous EPs made this one to keep an eye out for. It's something a bit more brutal and aggressive than the rest of the albums in this update, I knew I'd want something to mix it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vinyl Review

Vinyl Review