Vinyl Update


Just a quickie update today, only a couple of new records to show off. I just went in for a new cork turntable pad but ended up grabbing these as well.

Der Weg einer Freiheit - Finisterre

Der Weg einer Freiheit is a German black metal band, their name means The Way of Freedom. Their lyrics are in German, but the album name is not, Finisterre is a reference to a cape on the coast of Spain, one thought by ancient Romans to be the end of the Earth. This band is pretty well a mystery to me, I had not heard of them when I saw this at the record store and thought nothing of it. But later I was doing some online reading and this album showed up in two best black metal albums of 2017 posts, so I figured if they still had it I would pick it up.


Pig Destroyer - Head Cage

The new Pig Destroyer album is something of a point of contention for long-time fans. After six years since their previous one, this album came out only last week and is said to be a very different breed of anim-, er, pig. Their grinding core remains, but with industrial influences, and groovier down-tempo riffs. I guess this turns a lot of old fans off, but I am not one and that combination sounds good to me, so when I saw a stack on the featured rack I grabbed one up for my collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vinyl Review

Vinyl Update

Vinyl Review