Spitting Image


Thanks to a website I use to track my vinyl collection I am able to view all the covers of my albums all at once. Doing so over the past few months I have noticed that there are some that seem very similar to another in my collection. I thought it would be fun to go through them and look at some of the albums with matching covers. Some of these are a purely visual resemblance, while others have more of a conceptual likeness. Let's take a look at the first few sets:

Wayfarer - World's Blood : Woods of Desolation - Toward the Depths

These two album covers share the look of single silhouetted figure against a backgrounds of sepia browns and darker blacks. These are also both atmospheric black metal albums, with Wayfarer hailing from the United States; working American folk music into their sound, and Woods of Desolation coming from Australia; with a more classic black metal sound.

APES - Lightless : Full of Hell - Trumpeting Ecstasy

I guess faceless nuns is somehow in the experimental grindcore zeitgeist. Maybe these bands both went to catholic school? In any case, they both play some heavy ass grinding music with APES having a more blackened hardcore edge and Full of Hell being more pure in the crust.

Darkspace - I : Buried Inside - Chronoclast

These albums are remarkable for having literally the exact same cover: nothing. Granted these are both special editions of these albums and they both actually have the name of the band embossed on the cover, but their resemblance is striking, and also confusing. Darkspace plays ambient black metal, with very long songs. Buried Inside's album is intense hardcore with a touch of mathcore in there for good measure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vinyl Review

Vinyl Update

Vinyl Review