Spitting Image: Part 2


This is the second set of similar covers I have in my collection, for now it will also be the last one until I get some more that match, or I notice a pattern I haven't seen before. These covers are less visually similar than the last ones and a bit more in the concepts.

Woods of Ypres - Woods 5 Grey Skies & Electric Light : Wormrot - Voices

Head in hands with an ink drawn look, a single colour used lightly these two took me as similar in appearance and concept, while also being very different in what they say to me. Wormrot is a Singaporean grindcore band considered luminaries in the genre with an intense sound that can also find a way to be catchy. Woods of Ypres were from Canada and they played blackened doom, this is their final juno-award winning album. Between the recording and the release of this album David Gold, band leader and only consistent member, was killed in an automobile accident. The other members declined to continue the band without him.

Skin Totem - Weltschmerz : Toundra - (III)

Here we have cartoon girls with skulls in weird circumstances, bonus points for neither album including a name or logo anywhere on the front cover. The most visually different covers in the series I think, but I also wonder how many albums include those three basic concepts. Skin Totem plays grindy hardcore and they are Swedish, this limited edition of the album is transparent green. Toundra is a Spanish instrumental metal/post-rock outfit. I really like this album and I'm glad I found it online and listened to it first so I knew it when I saw it, because this album does not have the band or album name anywhere on it, not on the cover, not on the spine, not on the record label, and there is no insert.

Wayfarer - Old Souls : Anciients - Heart of Oak

Hey it's Wayfarer again! This time we are seeing beings with dream-catcher-like heads, once again the colour palettes are not dissimilar with browns and sepia being the major look in both, with Wayfarer going significantly darker. Wayfarer are playing their lightly atmospheric black metal with less influence from the American west on this album. Anciients are a Canadian proggy, deathy, doom unit and this is their debut album from 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vinyl Review

Vinyl Update

Vinyl Review