New Vinyl Update


New tunes! I went to pick up just a single album, but a few more jumped out at me while I was there.

Baptists - Bloodmines

This is the first album I heard from Baptists, and their second release. I grabbed their most recent album, Beacon of Faith, last week and at that time the store had no other albums from them. This week they had every album in stock, so I grabbed this one to expand my collection. I dig their brand of doomy hardcore so I was certainly stoked to add this record to the line up. It is said to be a bit more intense than the new one, I'll have to find out with some side by side comparisons.



Thou - Magus

The latest album from the outrageously busy Thou, from Baton Rouge, LA, in magenta! This southern sludge metal outfit have been working very hard these past months, putting out 3 (slightly) shorter EPs since May, and then a full length LP last week. The music has been described as intricate and challenging, and I like what I've heard from the single, The Changling Prince, so I am anticipating good things with this album. This is what I actually went to the record store for.



Wolves in the Throne Room - Thrice Woven

This is the most recent record from the American atmospheric black metal band that gets nearly as much derision and love from the black metal scene as Deafheaven. I've seen this album at the stores a few times and I've hummed and hawed about whether or not to buy it. But it turns out I enjoy their first album, Diadem of 12 Stars, a good deal, and this is meant to be a return to black metal form for WinTR after a few albums leaning more into the atmospheric side of things. So I decided to take the plunge and get it as well, before I stop seeing it around.

Amenra - Mass III

This is a cool album, a heavy as hell blend of stoner, sludge, hardcore, and post-metal. The songs are super long and crushing, with intense, evolving passages and plodding, repeating riffs that have an enthralling, hypnotic nature. I heard a couple of songs from this album at a metal bar a few weeks back and really liked it so I made a note to see if I could find this album, and now lo and behold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vinyl Review

Vinyl Update

Vinyl Review