New Vinyl Update


New album time! At the recommendation of a friend I went to check out a new record store this week and was happy to see some very interesting stuff there. Including a couple of albums I simply could not leave behind.

Tombs - The Grand Annihilation

I really like Tombs a lot. I think they have a great style; a fusion of black metal and sludge/post-metal, and they are always writing new stuff that sounds fresh and takes things in new directions while still being unmistakably Tombs. They wear their inspirations pretty openly with lots of USBM riffing and blasting, then diverting into sludgy territory with occasional Neurosis-like vocals. This album was well received and I enjoyed it a lot, also the bass sounds great on it, a great tone and layered into the mix very nicely. I'd been looking to pick up this album for a while band had been unable to find it at any other record store I looked in, so I made sure I was leaving with it. Great stuff from a great band.

Forteresse - Thèmes pour la Rébellion

Finding this made me very happy. I'd been looking for any album from Forteresse  but nothing had turned up in any of the record stores I'd looked previously. I was very stoked to see this on the wall when I walked in, it was a buy no questions asked. Forteresse is a Quebecois black metal band who's music periodically makes use of traditional old Quebec instruments and melodies. Their songs are performed in french and have themes of french independence. It's really good stuff, great atmosphere and awesome riffs. They can be unrelenting at times, but it's a hell of a ride.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vinyl Review

Vinyl Update

Vinyl Review